Revised: June, 2019
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY, AS USE OF THE HDMI LA WEBSITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
HDMI Founders and Adopters.
If you are an employee of an HDMI Adopter or HDMI Founder acting on behalf of and with the permission of your employer, you may use your employer's HDMI Adopter user account or establish an HDMI Adopter user account with the information your employer provides to you in order to do so (such accounts are collectively, the "Account"). You and your employer are liable for all uses of the Account. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, you acknowledge and agree that you shall have no ownership or other property interest in the Account. If you register for an Account, during the Account registration process, you may be requested to provide certain information (such as name, e-mail address, country or territory of residence, employer and business contact information), and you agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by such process (such information being "Personal Information"). If any of your Personal Information changes, you must update that information in your Account. You agree that you will not allow others to use your User name, password (to the extent a password is required to access the Services) and/or Account. You agree that your Account and your use of your Account will terminate immediately upon the termination of your employment with the employer on whose behalf you were acting at the time that you registered for the Account. You agree to indemnify and hold HDMI LA, HDMI Adopters (other than you and/or your employer), the HDMI Founders, HDMI LA’s partners, parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, contractors and licensors (collectively the “HDMI Affiliates”), harmless for any improper, unauthorized or illegal uses of your user name, password and/or your Account. This includes illegal, unauthorized or improper use by anyone to whom you have given permission to use your user name, password and/or Account.
Use. You may use the Services solely for legitimate business purposes relating to HDMI Adopter-related activities.
Eligibility. Please note that HDMI LA does not provide any internet connectivity services, nor does HDMI LA provide any computer equipment for users. You are entirely responsible for securing and paying for any such services and equipment, and for ensuring that such services and equipment meet the minimum requirements for the use of the Services. HDMI LA does not make the Services available to anyone under the age of 18. You represent that you are a 'natural person' older than the greater of (a) the age of eighteen (18) years, or (b) the age of majority in the country where you are a citizen.
Protection of Content.
Our policy does not permit us to accept or consider creative or technical ideas, suggestions, inventions or materials other than those we have specifically requested.. While we do value your feedback on our services, please be specific in your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, inventions, suggestions, or materials to us. If, despite our request, you send us unsolicited creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts, inventions, or other information (collectively the "Submissions"), you assign the intellectual property rights in or relating to the Submissions to HDMI LA upon their submission or communication to HDMI LA, and you agree that the same will automatically become the property of HDMI LA and that HDMI LA shall be entitled to use, exploit, copy, publish, implement, transfer and in all other ways deal with such materials and all of the intellectual property rights therein in any way and for any purpose HDMI LA may elect. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submission.
User Obligations. You agree not to do any of the following while using the Services:
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable law or regulation; post or transmit any Site Content or User Content that you do not have the right to post or transmit under any law, contractual duty or fiduciary relationship, including without limitation export control laws;
- use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering, spoofing, or extraction tools in connection with the Services, including without limitation to invade the privacy of, or obtain personal information about, any user of the Services;
- post or transmit any Content or take any action that infringes any HDMI LA, HDMI Affiliate or third party right of any kind, including without limitation, trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, publicity, or privacy rights, or that is unlawful, untrue, harassing, defamatory, tortious, abusive, threatening, or that contains any virus or computer code designed to interfere with or monitor the operation of the Services or any other computer or system;
- access, tamper with or use non-public areas of the website or computer systems. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access or tamper with these areas may be subject to prosecution. If you are given access to any password-protected areas of this website, then you must keep such password secure and for your use only, and you must limit your access to permitted areas;
- frame or link to the website except as permitted in writing by HDMI LA;
- impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity. For example, you agree not to falsely represent that you are a copyright holder of a work or the agent of a copyright holder. All personally identifying information that you provide through the Services must be accurate and kept current; or
- transmit or disseminate advertising, chain letters, spam, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited advertising or email (whether commercial, informational or offering employment) to persons or entities that have not agreed to be part of such advertising or email.
Links. The Services may contain links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that HDMI LA is not responsible or liable for (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, advertising, or products on or available from such websites or resources. The inclusion of any link on the website does not imply that HDMI LA, the HDMI Affiliates or any other person endorses the linked site.
Content and Monitoring.
Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including information or service providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of HDMI LA. You understand and acknowledge that HDMI LA does not have any obligation to monitor for accuracy or reliability any content on the Services other than content actually originating from HDMI LA. HDMI LA has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor, modify and/or remove any Site Content and/or User Content in the Services, and may do either in its sole discretion. HDMI LA is not responsible to you for any content or materials constituting all or part of any Site Content or User Content. HDMI LA neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any content, opinion, advice, information, or statement made on or in connection with the Services by anyone other than authorized HDMI LA employees acting in their official capacities. HDMI LA may, without liability or obligation, in its sole discretion and at any time make modifications to, or discontinue, any Site Content and/or the Services, with or without providing you with notice. Upon HDMI LA giving you notice, you shall promptly cease the use of and destroy, all copies of any specified Site Content, or otherwise modify your usage as directed by HDMI LA. You agree that neither HDMI LA nor the HDMI Affiliates shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or Site Content.
Notices. HDMI LA will give you any necessary notices by posting them on the website. You authorize HDMI LA to send notices via electronic mail as well if HDMI LA decides, in its sole discretion, to do so. You agree to check the website for notices, and that you will be considered to have received a notice when it is made available to you by posting on the website.
THE SERVICES AND ALL SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, HDMI LA AND THE HDMI AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICES; THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SITE CONTENT; ANY TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH THE SERVICES; OR THAT THE SERVICES OR SITE CONTENT WILL MEET ANY USER'S REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM HDMI LA OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM OBTAINING ANY SITE CONTENT, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER COMPUTER CODE. HDMI LA AND THE HDMI AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DECISIONS BASED UPON THE SITE CONTENT. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE APPROPRIATE DUE DILIGENCE TO ENSURE THAT THIS INFORMATION IS SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TO IMPLEMENT ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BASED ON SUCH INFORMATION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL HDMI LA OR THE HDMI AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER HDMI LA, THE HDMI AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SERVICES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OR INACCURACY OF DATA, OR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR INDIRECT DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE CONTENT AND/OR SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TO THE EXTENT THAT IN A PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE ANY DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION ON DAMAGES OR LIABILITY SET FORTH HEREIN IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THEN, INSTEAD OF THE PROVISIONS HEREOF IN SUCH PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE, HDMI LA AND/OR THE HDMI AFFILIATES SHALL BE ENTITLED TO THE MAXIMUM DISCLAIMERS AND/OR LIMITATIONS ON DAMAGES AND LIABILITY AVAILABLE AT LAW OR IN EQUITY BY SUCH APPLICABLE LAW IN SUCH PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCE.
Copyright Agent. Unauthorized copying or distribution of copyrighted Site Content is an infringement of the copyright holder's rights. At our discretion and in appropriate circumstances (which circumstances may include, by way of example, Users who repeatedly infringe others' copyrights), HDMI LA may revoke the license of users who infringe upon the copyright, or other intellectual property rights, of others. If you are a copyright holder who believes that the Services are hosting or linking directly to infringing copies of your work, please let us know, and if you believe that one of our users is a repeat infringer of your work, please let us know that in addition to the information required below. Pursuant to 17 United States Code 512(c)(2), our designated agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement on the Services is:
Attn: Copyright Agent
HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
505 Winchester Blvd, Suite 515
San Jose, CA 95128, United States of America
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3), a notification of claimed infringement related to the Services must be a written communication addressed to the designated agent as set forth above, and must include substantially all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner (or person authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Specific identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a list of each copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Information related to the work(s) reasonably sufficient for HDMI LA to promptly locate the work (e.g. title of work, location within the Services, etc.);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit HDMI LA to directly contact the complaining party, such as a complete name and address, telephone number, and an email address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the work(s) in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement requesting that HDMI LA take a specific act with respect to the alleged infringement (e.g., removal, access restricted or disabled); and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Compliance with Applicable Law. You agree to abide by all applicable U.S and local laws with respect to your use of the Services. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you specifically agree to comply with all applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by any means, the Services or any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination or person prohibited under such laws.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us.
HDMI® Licensing Administrator, Inc. (HDMI LA) is the agent appointed by the HDMI Forum to license Version 2.1a of the HDMI Specification and is the agent appointed by the HDMI Founders to license earlier HDMI Specifications.
HDMI Blog Posts
USAHDMI® Licensing Administrator, Inc.
550 S. Winchester Blvd,
San Jose, CA 95128, USA
Contact HDMI LA